Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Days

I had a wonderful day with an ex-boyfriend yesterday. Although we were never exclusive we were a very hot & heavy item for a while. I can honestly say despite the fact that I never told him to his face I loved him very dearly, and still do. It may be different affection now, but he's still so special to me. It's hard to stay mad at him or focused on any shortcomings when one's had such a great day.

He needed a blue blazer. He must "act his wages" now. . . good point. I've been on to him, his friend in HR's been on to him and most people he knows have been telling him as a Regional Manager for this well known environmental engineering firm, he CAN'T (or shouldn't) dress like a grad student anymore. He's in front of customers more and needed a sportscoat, not a suit but something nicer than a button down (rolled up to the elbows) and Docker khaki's.

In two minutes we had the right jacket. In a few more it was marked for alterations to fit perfectly. Within twenty minutes we had new buttons picked out. (He is NOT a brass button type of guy, and I think the gray buttons will look "sharp.") It was painless for him and fun for me.

Yesterday was grey and ended up rainy--but I couldn't stop smiling because it was just so good to be with him. Healing, centering, calming. . .restoring. I'm sure his girlfriend wouldn't appreciate my wearing a low cut top (he's a boob man.) Hey chick, I wore the schlumpy sweater (cardigan) over. . . so I looked sexy but not trying to look sexy sexy. . . LOL. Probably a complete figment of my imagination.

Dating after the age of 30 is hard. And I was with him for a long time. So hey, what else is a girl to do?

Today was a big hassle day. I've had a hard time getting my RX's for two drugs covered by insurance so while they're filled at the Target Pharmacy, I am NOT paying $182 for them when insurance should cover them. GRRRR!

No comments: