Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Pills are here again

So I got to meet the headshrinker at the Cancer Institute today. He's a good guy. A little "not together" (his white coat fell off the chair, he dropped his Trio. . . ) but good.

I am A-OK to go back on Effexor XR even with the Tamoxifen. Whew. I didn't know how I was going to make it through without the happy pills that also STOP hot flashes--or at least lessen them severely. I am to "titrate" (work up to) 150 mg. I will start out at 37.5--that is if I can get the low dose pre-authorized by the insurance co. The doc did call the fools there to help me with this process. We'll see how he did in a day or two.

He said I was "remarkably well adjusted" for all I've been through (more than 40 weeks of chemo, rads, surgery, breaking up with someone just at 1 year into my treatment. . . ) I agree.

This week church, yoga, and exercise are working for me. Along with some new girlfriends, my dog and emotional overeating. Yeah, that's not news, huh?!

I am SO tired I think I'm going to go head over for a nap. The dogs agree that it's wise. Caspie is trying to configure his blankie right now.

Be well.

Jenn

No comments: